Wakanow Front-End Developer Job Vacancy
Wakanow is an online travel company in Nigeria that assists its customers with all they need when it comes to planning, purchasing and researching on a trip both globally and locally.
Related: First Bank Graduate Recruitment 2017
Wakanow which was established in 2008 is the first online travel company in Nigeria to offer both local and global travelers the most affordable available fares for flight, airport pickups, visa packages, hotel reservations and so on.
Description of Job
Wakanow is currently looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is committed and diligent and has a drive of combining the art of design with the art of programming. The prospective employee will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between technical implementation and graphic design, knowing how to combine the both and also know how the application works.
And also, will translate the UI/UX design wireframes to real codes that will produce visual elements of the application.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and trends
- Optimize application front end for maximum speed and scalability
- Build a reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Make sure that all user inputs are validated before submitting to back-end
- Create a new and enhance existing user-facing features
- Partner with other team members and stakeholders to improve usability
Job Qualifications and skills
- Must have a good experience of asynchronous request handling, AJAX and partial page updates
- Must be proficient in implementation of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Must have a good understanding of SEO principles and ensure that the application will adhere to them.
- Must have a good understanding of OOP
- Must be Familiar with browser testing and debugging
- Must be very good at understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT
- Must have a basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop will be a plus.
- Must be very good at understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Must have a basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Must have a good knowledge of ASP.NET MVC